Why work with Push Doctor?
At Push Doctor, we are proud to be able to offer our platform GPs above market rates.
Choose when you work. We're open 8am-8pm on weekdays and between 9am-5pm at the weekend.
When you work with us, there's no need to travel. You can work from the comfort of your own home.
What's in it for you?
An innovative way to supplement your earnings with competitive rates of pay.
Work from home
Avoid the expense and stress of traffic and work from the comfort of your own home.
Be part of digital healthcare
Take the chance to work with cutting-edge technology.
Choose your own hours
Work as much as you want to, whenever it's convenient for you. We are open 7am – 8pm, 7 days a week.
Make a difference
Connect with more patients to make a real difference.
Assist GP practices
Help reduce the dependency on in-house surgery appointments.
How does the application process work?
How long does it take to apply?
Once you’ve registered your interest in working for Push Doctor and uploaded the necessary documentation, we'll contact you to discuss the next steps. If we have a suitable vacancy on the platform that matches your availability then you could be on the platform in a matter of weeks.
Will I need to show any documents?
You will need the following documents in order to work on the Push Doctor platform:
- Entry on the GMC register
- Evidence of entry on the NHS performers list
- Up-to-date CV
- Photo ID (Passport/Driving Licence)
- Resident / Work Permit (if applicable)
- Current DBS (CRB) check, to be verified by ourselves through one of the following methods; running a check on the online DBS update service (if you are registered to this); verification of the original DBS certificate (dated within three years).
- Latest Appraisal and Revalidation documents (for recently qualified GPs your CCT is fine)
- Contact details of 2 clinical references
- Adult Safeguarding training Certificate Level 3 (within the last 3 years)
- Child Safeguarding training Certificate Level 3 (within the last 3 years)
- Evidence of training on the Mental Capacity Act (within the last 3 years)
- Evidence of training on Information Governance or the Data Protection Act (within the last year)
- Evidence of training on Antimicrobial Resistance (within the last year)
- Antibiotic Guardian pledge certificate
- ‘Sepsis’ training certificate (within the last 3 years)
- Medical Indemnity Certificate with GP online/telehealth cover (this can be submitted after completion of training)
What hardware/equipment do I need to provide video consultations?
|What do you need?||Optional items||Minimum specification||What will we provide|
|PC/Laptop with webcam and microphone||External microphone/webcam|| Minimum of Windows* 10, i3 processor and 4GB Ram. |
Macs are fine to use, but need to have 4GB RAM.
We would advise against using a Chromebook or Macbook air.
|NHS Digital Laptop and smartcard reader (provided by ourselves on a lease basis)|| Minimum connection requirements: |
You can test your internet connection here.
|1-1 support during setup if necessary, as well as tech support while working|
|Microsoft Word licence||Assistance during installation|
What is the training process like?
Is training provided?
In order to become a Push Doctor GP, you will be required to undertake remote training and induction for training of the Push Doctor platform. This takes up to 3 hours and the majority can be carried out in your own time. The only previous experience you will need is using Systmone/TPP and EMIS platforms (experience of using both is highly desirable). Training and induction is comprised of:
- Walkthrough videos & reading of our platform guide
- Completion of an online assessment*
- Introductory call with one of our Associate Medical Directors (up to 1 hour, details below)
- Equipment set up (estimated 1-1.5 hours in your own time)
*Training and assessment is completed in your own time, however generally takes around 1 hour. You’ll be notified straightaway as to the outcome of the assessment, at which point we can either discuss the next steps (scheduling sessions and equipment postage) or give you the opportunity to re-attempt if you have not passed.
Once this is complete, your equipment is set up and you’re signed off you can then use SystmOne or EMIS remotely, completing consultations in the same way you would in a GP surgery. The only real differences are that you will examine your patients over video and work with multiple GP practice systems.
Do I need all documents in order to receive training?
Yes, aside from your updated insurance certificate, enabling you to get started as soon as possible.
Does the training need to be completed in one go?
The initial learning and assessment can be completed in your own time, as can aspects of the laptop setup.
Do I need to worry about indemnity?
Will indemnity be provided?
No, you will have to check with your provider to ensure you are sufficiently covered.
How much does online indemnity cost?
This depends on the number of sessions you wish to work, so please contact your medical indemnity provider for a quote. However, as we are providing NHS appointments, work on our platform is covered by the state-backed indemnity scheme.
What hours can I work?
What hours can I work?
There are a variety of session blocks to choose from to suit your schedule. NHS sessions vary in length within the following timeslots:
- 8am - 8pm on weekdays
- 9am - 5pm on weekends
How many sessions can I do each day?
We would allow a maximum of 10 hours a day. However, as breaks are not factored in, we don’t allow a single session to last more than 6 hours. For example, if you wanted to work a 0900-1700 we would split this into two separate blocks.
Can I claim pension on Push Doctor sessions?
Pension cannot be claimed on Push Doctor sessions.
Am I able to work sessions from abroad?
No, to work Push Doctor sessions you need to be based in England at the time of consulting.
Anything else I should know?
How do I arrange sending my DBS certificate to Push Doctor?
If your application is progressed, further information will be provide on how to get your DBS check verified.
Can I consult with children on the service?
At this time, you can only consult with adults across both our service.
What is expected of me in terms of prescribing?
This will be covered during your medical onboarding.
Apply to work for Push Doctor
Please wait while we submit your form, this can take up to a minute
Thank you, your form has been submitted.
Sorry, there are some errors on the form, please correct them and submit the form again.