Windows - Camera Issues
- Ensure that the lens of your device is not covered by a case or any objects, and is free from dirt and marks.
- Try turning your device off, then on again.
- If your camera still doesn’t work, go to your device’s manufacturer website for tips on camera operation, firmware updates and software updates that you may be missing.
- If you are still having trouble with your camera, please click here and follow the advice provided by Microsoft.
My Camera is just a black square
- Check the webcam and its connections. If it is an external webcam, find where it is connected to the computer, and make sure the cable is not loose.
- Close down all other applications that might be using your webcam such as Skype, Facetime and Camera. Also, ensure to close down all other web browsers and web browser tabs.Once you have done this, please refresh the page.
Click here to find out more about enabling your camera in Chrome.
Click here to find out more about enabling your camera in Firefox.