Looking for a fresh, easy meal to help boost your metabolism? This delicious tabbouleh is full of healthy vegetables and is ideal for an office lunch or lighter evening meal.
Looking for a fresh, easy meal to help boost your metabolism? This delicious tabbouleh is packed full of healthy vegetables and is ideal for an office lunch or lighter evening meal.
We'll explain how to make it and show you how each ingredient can help you on your weight loss journey.
Ingredients (serves 2): Tastes Good
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 broccoli
- 3 radishes
- 80g sun-blushed tomato
- 50g red onion
- 30g black olives
- 20g parsley
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp hummus
How to make
- Cut the stalks off the cauliflower and broccoli and discard them.
- Place the cauliflower and broccoli in a food processor and blend in short burst until they reach the consistency of couscous.
- Slice the red onion and add half to your mixture, along with half the lemon zest.
- Microwave on full power for 45 seconds.
- Leave in the fridge for one hour.
- Slice the olives.
- Remove your ‘couscous’ mixture from the fridge and add the lemon juice, half the tomato and half the olives. Mix well.
- Put the mixture on a plate and top with the rest of the onion, olives, tomato and lemon zest.
- Top with the hummus and serve.
Quick Nutrition Info: Does Good
- Calories: 100
- Carbs: 7.8g
- Protein: 5.3g
- Fat: 24.6g
Whats in it?
Contains compounds called glucosinolates, which protect the stomach lining and support a healthy digestive process. Like all cruciferous vegetables, it's also high in fibre.
The Vitamin C in broccoli helps you burn fat more efficiently while you exercise. If you're exercising regularly but can't seem to shift any weight, it could be that you're lacking Vitamin C.
Broccoli also contains calcium, which can also boost your metabolism when you get it from a low-fat source, such as vegetables.
Another great source of Vitamin C, so they'll help your body turn fat into usable energy. Radishes are another high-fibre vegetable, adding to the already high amounts in this salad dish.
Red onion stimulates production of glutathione, an antioxidant that helps remove hormone-disrupting chemicals from your body and protect the metabolic process.
Ensuring you eat plenty of antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables, such as tomatoes, can help your body to fight the damage caused by free radicals.
Olive oil has been shown to break down fats inside fat cells, which will help you get rid of belly fat. Tests have shown that people with plenty of olive oil in their diet have higher levels of serotonin, a hormone that makes us feel full.
Lemons help to increase your metabolic rate, thus allowing you to burn more calories and store less fat. They work to slow down the rate of starch digestion, helping to keep blood sugar balanced. This prevents spikes in insulin and reduces fat storage.
Learn more about nutrition
Want to know how food can play a vital role in your long-term health? We have plenty of guides, information and meal ideas for you to sink your teeth into.Get more nutrition info