Have you thought about using an online doctor? Here's 30 compelling reasons why speaking to a doctor online is a great idea.
Being able to talk to a doctor online is relatively new in the UK, but we think it's the bee's knees.
In this post, we'll give you 30 reasons why we think using an online doctor is great.
You can book an appointment at a time and place that suits you at the push of a button.
2. Waiting times
We'll connect you to an experienced, UK-based GP within an average of six minutes.
3. No need to visit a waiting room
Our virtual waiting room means you don't have to risk exposure to contagious illnesses.
4. You can get instant prescriptions
Prescriptions can be sent directly to pharmacies, letting you collect your medication within minutes.
5. You can get instant referrals for testing or further treatment
Referral recommendations can be sent directly to your GP or private doctor.
6. You can get instant fit notes for your employer
If you're nearing the end of your self-certification period or think you're ready to return to work (or return with amended duties), our doctors can dispense instant fit notes.
7. There's no rush
You can take your time and discuss any issues until you're absolutely satisfied.
8. It's great for getting the little worries that've been on your mind checked out
Set your mind at ease once and for all.
9. It's great for those who have difficulty accessing their local out-of-hours services
For example, those in rural areas or those who have to commute long distances.
10. It's great for students living away from home
Come down with a case of freshers' flu? Talk to a doctor at the push of a button.
11. You want to speak to a UK doctor after falling ill overseas.
Get expert medical advice from a UK-based GP, wherever you are in the world.
12. You can get an early diagnosis for issues that might become worse if left untreated
There's no excuse to put off that doctor's visit anymore.
13. Easier and more efficient record keeping
We'll update your medical notes after every consultation and automatically share them with your GP (if you want us to that is).
14. Discuss as many issues as you want in a single consultation.
We won't limit you to one problem per consultation.
15. It's discreet, if you want to discuss problems you might find embarrassing
And we guarantee you won't bump into anyone you know in the waiting room.
16. Talk to a doctor from the comfort of your own home
You can even wear your pyjamas, we don't mind.
17. We're open 365 days a year (or 366 if it's a leap year), including Christmas.
Visit us at weekends and bank holidays and don't let illness ruin your festivities.
18. We're open early in the morning and late at night
Making it easy to talk to a doctor before and after work.
19. You can book an appointment 24/7
Our virtual receptionists are never off the clock.
20. You don't have to struggle to find a parking space
Since, you know, you don't actually have to go anywhere.
21. You won't have to deal with engaged phone lines when trying to book an appointment
Our online booking system makes it easy to get an appointment at a time to suit you.
22. You won't have to brave public transport while you're ill
In fact, you don't even have to get out of bed if you don't feel up to it.
23. You won't have to take any time off work
Consult before or after work, or fit an appointment into your lunch break.
24. You don't have to have any awkward conversations with your family GP, who you've known since you were a child
Our GPs are based around the country, so the chances of bumping in to someone you know are slim.
25. No need to brave bad weather
The lack of travelling means you won't make your illness worse by going out in the rain
26. Not registered with a GP at the moment? No problem!
Our service doesn't require you to be registered with a doctor in order to start getting better.
27. You won't be kept waiting
No annoying hold music and hours spent by the phone here.
28. GP Practices often have targets to prevent referrals to hospitals, we don't
If you need further tests at a hospital, we can refer you for those tests.
29. Get the satisfaction of private healthcare without the expensive subscription
You only pay for the appointments you use, so that's more money in your pocket.
30. Friendly doctors, who aren't over-worked
Yes, you can have both!
And if the above has tickled your fancy, why not give Push Doctor a go right now? It's just £5 for your first consultation, so hit the button below to get started.